Wednesday, January 15, 2014

To Have a Sheep's Ears.

At church Sunday someone spoke about listening prayer as part of our 30 day prayer challenge.  One of those things you know, but then someone says it a certain way and it is all new.  It suddenly has implications you never even considered.  It suddenly reminds you of small messages for the past 6 months that you pondered for a bit and then moved on to the next grassy area.

Now, it suddenly means something.  You connect the dots and see the picture that God has been drawing on the story of your life.  Then if you have any doubt about it God sends another message and the picture now looks like it is in bold, double outlined print.



Here's the message from this afternoon:

….I try to take time to let go, to listen, in much the same way that I listen when I am writing.  This is praying time, and the act of listening in prayer is the same act as listening in writing….And then there is time in which to be, simple to be, that time in which God quietly tells us who we are and who he wants us to be.  It is then that God can take our emptiness and fill it up with what he wants, and drain way the business with which we inevitably get involved in the dailiness of human living.  
Madeline L'Engle ~Walking on Water

Ok God.  I am a sheep.  I must listen. I must follow.

My sheep listen to my voice.  I know them, and they follow me.  John 10:27 NIV

Sondie

No comments: