Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Biblio-Files




One of my goals for reading this year of 2014 is to read at least one nonfiction and one poetry collection every month.  In typical Sondie fashion, I didn't want to fail at this goal so I pushed too far the other direction.  Yes, balance is always an issue for me.

Now I realize I only read one fiction book! The only reason I even have one fiction book is because I started reading it during the final days of December before I finished writing my 2014 goals. Nothing wrong with this, but in my quest for one nonfiction book, I become so myopic that I didn't even see beyond this category. Makes me wonder what this myopic vision is doing to other areas of my life?

One year I made balance my goal for the entire year in every area of life…maybe I need to reconsider this.

Photo note: the bright pink "book" is my mini-ipad, Mini-Dot is her name, on which I read my ebooks through Kindle app.

Here's what I've read in January:

Love Does by Bob Goff.  Nonfiction, old fashioned paperback.

All the Time in the World: A Book of Hours by Jessica Kerwin Jenkins.  Nonfiction, e-copy.

Delights and Shadows by Ted Kooser.  Poetry, paperback.

Inferno by Dan Brown.  Fiction, e-copy.

Walking on Water by Madeline L'Engle.  Nonfiction, paperback.


Happy Reading!
Sondie

No comments: