Monday, June 18, 2012

Scripture of the Week





Then he said to them,"Go your way.  Eat the fat and drink the sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for the day is holy to our Lord.  And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10 ESV

This has fast moved up to my top 10 of favorite verses!

This was the scripture attached to the beach house we stayed in while on vacation with my husband's family.  What a great name for a beach house, Celebration, and what a great verse.  My sister in law found the house and we all enjoyed it!

It is a reminder of many things...God calls us to mark occasions with celebrations....to enjoy His gifts....to share what He has given us with others....that the joy of the Lord is our strength (joy trumps happiness with roots that run to Him)....wow.

This verse has compelled me to read the book of Nehemiah and I'm really enjoying it.  I'll have to give you feedback about that soon!

Sondie

No comments: