Friday, June 1, 2012

5 Minute Friday-See





Free write for 5 minutes about:  See

Laughter is very important to me...it is a gift from God which science may never truly explain.  There are even references in the Bible about laughter-think Isaac.

A few years ago while going through a period of dark grief I realized just how important laughter is.  I missed laughing. 

When my parents died a few years ago the "command to laugh" was part of our death bed conversations.  First was serve God, serve others.....right behind that was "Enjoy the life God has given you.  Laugh."  This was surprising to hear from my dad who battled clinical depression, which is more my tendency,  less surprising from my mom who's testimony in life was her deep and always obvious joy that led so many others to God.

While going through the grief process I had to seek laughter.  I had to look every day for reasons to laugh, and if not to laugh then at least to smile.  Now it comes easier to me, and I have uncovered the joy that was hidden beneath layers of life.

God has gifted me with joy...with laughter....I love it!!!!

SO with that I encourage each one of you to SEE THE LAUGHTER that lives around you and more importantly within you!

Sondie

5 comments:

Dawn Hall said...

Thank you. Laughter is so important and not something I am very good at seeking out. I cannot imagine losing my mother. I think it would make it hard to laugh, at least for a long while. Visiting from Gypsy Mama.

Elizabeth said...

Laughter is one of those beautiful gifts that God gives us. He didn't have to, but He did. I enjoy people with a great sense of humor and try to find the humor in life.

susanrae said...

Laughter was hard for awhile after mommy and daddy passed, but now it comes more freely. I'm glad you are laughing again! Mom and dad would be glad too!

cALyPsO said...

Well done!!!I always forget how great laughter is through those dark times...
When I'm feeling down, nothing like Dane Cook to crack me up and get me through the funk... in fact, I think I'll put his DVD on today..

Stacie said...

Wow. What a gift from your parents. I've had similar thoughts about my marriage in recent years... when circumstances get hard, we need to laugh together.
Also, I see that you are a twin. I am a mom of twin boys and I love their relationship and I hope they will always share the special bond they do now.