Saturday, May 19, 2012

Five Minute Friday-Perspective


The view never changes....the view always changes...yep.  That's perspective.  It is one of the things I've worked on for years.  My perspective.

The way I deal with any situation boils down to my perspective.  I girl I used to work with many years ago pointed this out to me during a heart to heart....and I have not forgotten the lesson. A light bulb went on, one that I didn't even know existed.  When I realized what an impact...negative or positive...that my perspective had on any situation it was profound.

Did I learn the lesson right away?  NOPE.  I've had to keep working on it for years.

There are situations I can not change, people I can not change...there is always something I can't change at any given moment in my life.  The ONE thing I CAN CHANGE is my perspective....and I can tell you this simple truth:

I have never been disappointed when I changed my perspective.

It is all about perspective.


Sondie

3 comments:

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Sondie,

Thank you for the valuable reminder that while we may not be able to change people or situations, we can change our perspective.

This was an excellent post. It's a lesson we all need to learn.

Blessings in Christ...Susan

Cathy said...

That's why I must keep on walking. It reminds me the very thing you said, at a time when I'm not inclined to remember it. Great post!

Lori said...

So very true. Perspective makes a world of difference. So good to keep the right perspective...and sometimes so challenging.
HOpped over here from five minute friday.