Sunday, May 20, 2012

100 cool things I've been blessed to do....

After making a list of things I want to do, I realized that I've already been able to do some very cool things.  It really has been a rich life so far!

1. given birth to a daughter 2. prayed with my daughter to receive Christ 3. spent a week with my family taking care of my dying father, hearing his final heart beat and 4. preparing his body for the funeral home. 5. spent the last week of my mother’s life with my family, taking care of her, hearing the last words she ever spoke as she talked to Jesus. 6. together with a circle of friends took care of a dying friend, heard the last beat of her heart 7. snorkeled with sting rays 8. went on a cruise with my twin and my mom 9. snorkeled in the South China Sea 10. played the flute, French horn, mellophone, and piano 11.marched through Disney in a parade playing my mellophone 12. walked on the beach under the moonlight 13. gone through a corn maze at night with my sisters 14. hiked through mountain trails in WV with my sisters in the fall and again with family in the spring 15. walked to a mountain top cemetery in the dark with my sisters and nephew 16. successfully performed the Heimlich maneuver twice 17. caught a baby shark with my hands 18. rode in a hot air balloon 19. heard the final heart beat of my friend’s husband 20. had a poem published in an anthology 21. had a poem published in a magazine 22. walked 2 half marathons, one in PA and the one in the OBX 23. watched sea turtles hatching 24. rode on the tailgate of a pick up truck on muddy roads 25. visited my mom’s old home place  26. visited my grandmother’s church 27. picked a bushel of wild blackberries 28. could still ride a bike with “no hands” after I turned 40 29. successfully water skied 30. attempted snow skiing 31. swung on vines 32. sledding in the snow 33. tubing in a river 34. gone to 2 indoor water parks 35. ridden on the top of a convertible in a parade 36. went with my mom on her first ski boat ride in the last year of her life 37. boated at sunset 38. helped lead a women’s conference with 2 friends 39. tasted fried liver pudding in an old cafe in NC while on a girl trip 40. rode in a paddle boat in my PJs giggling like a school girl with 2 friends 41. went on a mission trip to the Philippines 42. have been part of a neighborhood supper club for 2 years 43. have been baptized in a river 44. helped my twin during the birth of my niece...saw my niece’s very first breath of life. 45. rode in a private jet with friends to dinner then flew home again 46. picked fresh blueberries 47. picked peaches in a peach orchard 48. picked fresh strawberries 49.picked cherries and then made a pie with them 50. had a double wedding with my twin  51. heard God’s voice and have seen God’s handiwork in my life 52. rode through Mayberry in Barney Fife’s squad car with my sisters 53. have been deep beneath the earth in caverns 54. live in my childhood dream home 55. napped in a hammock 56. have seen 2 musicals in NY-Wicked and Mama Mia 57. climbed trees 58. have ice skated 59. have roller skated 60. ferried across the ocean to an island 61. stayed at a bed and breakfast 62. caught crawdads
63. rode a water taxi in Boston with Marty and Erin 64. rode through NY in a white limo 65. visited Washington DC three times 66. went to a top 10 book store in Seattle with 2 friends 67. have eaten a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly 68. played golf with my sisters 69. have roasted weenies in a bonfire and made smores for dessert 70. have had 2 surprise parties given for me 71. graduated from Duke with my Master’s Degree 72. have seen Jimmy Buffett in concert twice 73. have taken pictures of men in coconut bras 74. roasted fresh chestnuts 75. been part of a championship marching band
76. made a hand made journal, stitching included 77. have read poetry in front of an audience 78. went square dancing with my husband and a group of friends 79. had champagne with lunch 80. built a snowman 81. made cookies with my daughter 82. stayed up until 3 AM talking to my dad 3 weeks before he died 83. have heard my best friends heart beats 84. have been part of a book club 85. have been part of a women’s breakfast  86. learned French 87. have ridden on a jet ski with Marty88. have ridden on a 4 wheeler with Marty 89. painted a picture 90. spit watermelon seeds 91. took a walk in the rain 92. slept in a sleeping bag beneath the stars 93. played in caves 94. visited a top 10 book store in Washington DC 95. found live sand dollars 96. have been greeted by an exuberant dog 97. have had amazing supportive family and friends 98. have been freed from my past 99. have had ashes on my forehead for ash Wednesday
100. have spent a week driving nothing but a golf cart

 Amazing!

Sondie

1 comment:

susanrae said...

I did a lot of these cool things with you! It has been a ride dear sister! Your list brought some tears to my eye!