Friday, October 22, 2010

Old Fat Hog Reunion


We arrived at Twin Falls, WV about 9:00 tonight for our Old Fat Hog Reunion. There are 4 of us hogs...er, sisters. My nephew is a park ranger here. There is a full moon above us-and an old graveyard next to our cabin. Other people wouldn't stay here because of the graveyard but we aren't scared! We stayed in this same cabin last August and no one bothered us.

It was a nippy 46 degrees when my twin and I got here so it was super nice to walk into the cabin with a crackling fire burning. My sister Rose, (mother of the Eagle Scout now park ranger here) got the fire going all by herself! My 2 old fat hog sisters made us dinner and we ate by the fire. It was wonderful especially after a tough drive laden with traffic and road work.

Tomorrow night my nephew is going to take us out on a trail after dark with a story teller named Buzz. They will walk us out to the falls as he tells us a true but scary story about the history of the falls. Glad I brought my flash light.

This weekend is mom's birthday and we will do our best to honor her memory. She was the most awesome woman I have ever known and we are so thankful for the blessing of her in our lives.

We are looking forward to a fun weekend full of laughter.

Sondie...AKA Old Fat Hog 4

No comments: