Friday, October 15, 2010

My Biggest Luxury


My favorite luxury in life is one I do daily. How spoiled is that? A daily luxury? Yep, daily. Every morning I have my first cup of coffee in bed and I love it! Some nights I even go to sleep counting sips instead of sheep. It is hard to beat that first sip of hot black coffee.

My routine is to get up just long enough to brew a cup- in about 30 seconds with my Keurig-and head back to bed before my eyes open too much. I don't even take a sip until I am back in the bed for fear my eyes will open and I'll be awake before I'm ready. I like to snuggle under the blankets and doze my way through the first cup. I spend about 20 minutes dozing, sipping and praying as I wake up.

I like to ease into the day by dipping my toes into the morning. After my toes get used to it I'm ready to wade on in, and let a new day begin. I've never been a morning diver, maybe because once my day begins I dive into everything the day holds and don't stop until bedtime.

So, there you have it. My biggest luxury is my morning cup of coffee in bed. How about you?

Sondie

No comments: