Thursday, October 8, 2009

I felt like a kid in a candy store...


So I finally made it to the inner sanctum...C's studio. Oh sure the condo is very cute and homey and I really liked it, but the studio is FULL of fun things. I felt like a kid in a candy store. There were several mounds of brightly colored glitter on a tray that caught my eye. Before my brain could stop my hand, I had my fingers coated with magenta sparkles. How could I not touch it? Glitter was the coolest thing on earth when I was a kid. Still is even though I am a grown up. I am powerless when glitter is around.

Next I had my hands wrapped around Sharpie Poster Paint Pens (which I have been wanting). C took one look into my gleaming eyes and said, "You want to draw with it don't you?" I made a few swirls with several colors. Beautiful colors that just glide right on the paper. Yep, I want 'em.

Then she explained how you put stuff on other stuff...decolletage, decoupage...whatever-I want to learn how to do it. She had lots of neat things she has been putting on other neat things. What an eclectic collection of stuff I could create with!

She has lots more stuff, but that was all I had time for. I managed to drag myself out of there, but not before begging to go back to play. I'll let you know how my return to the candy story goes.

3 comments:

candyknits said...

you must come back for a play date! i love having "in person" arty friends!!

B said...

I think you would be wonderful at putting "stuff" on "stuff"!

Lynn Cross said...

Wish I was there. LC