Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Strength for Today


My dad's best friend has been in the hospital and has been very,very sick...in ICU not sure he was going to make it sick. His daughter, a dear friend of our family, shared this with us. When she got to work her parking place had been taken. She had to go to the 2nd floor of the parking building and walk down the stairs. In the stairwell she saw a religious tract lying on the floor and picked it up. This is what it said:


Strength For Today
Give me strength for today, Lord
wherever I go.
Let no danger daunt me,
Whatever the foe.

Let no task o'ercome me,
No trial my heart fret.
I would walk with Thee, Lord
In the path Thou hast set.

Let no burden o'ercome me,
Give me strength to bear.
Then I shall have courage,
Whatever my care.

Let no grief o'erwhelm me,
Wherever I am.
Give me strength for today, Lord
Strength from Thy hand.

"The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

God never ceases to amaze me.

Blessings to you.

No comments: