Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's All About Perspective


As I met my friend early this morning to walk the buzzing hum of the leaf blower had already started. My friend asked, "Who is that already blowing leaves this morning?" My annoyed answer was, "The neighbors have their lawn men here early every Saturday morning. So much for an enjoyable quiet Saturday morning on the porch."

About an hour later when we returned the background buzz was still in action. My daughter and I decided to eat breakfast on the porch. I started to warn her that it wouldn't be a peaceful breakfast because the leaf blower was making so much noise, but before I could get it out of my mouth she said, "I want to eat on the porch because I love hearing the leaf blower. When I hear the leaf blower it reminds me that it is Saturday, my relaxing day."

Hmmm...out of the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

susanrae said...

The kids can always make me feel like a negative Nellie! If we could only look at life the way they do!