Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fat Friday


Here's my recipe for the week. One of the easiest recipes I've ever made. I found it doing a random search for an easy crock pot meal.

Crock Pot French Dip

4 lbs rump roast
1 can beef broth
1 can condensed French onion soup (10.5 oz)
1 bottle of beer (dark is better)

Trim excess fat from the rump roast and place in crock pot. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on low setting for 7 hours. I tore the meat apart and let it set in the broth another 30 minutes or so before serving.

I served it on french sub rolls (split)that I slathered in butter and baked for about 10 minutes. Put beef on rolls, top with provolone cheese and put in oven long enough to melt the cheese. Put the sauce (juice from the crock pot) in small bowls for dipping-salsa bowls work well.

Very easy and quite tasty!

No comments: