Monday, March 16, 2009

He set his face...Easter Devotion

I didn't want to ruin the Easter devotional book for B, so I haven't posted anything from it yet. I see she has started reading hers so now I will post some of my favorite passages.

"When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem."
Luke 9:51

When Jesus set his face to go to Jerusalem, he set his face to die...Jesus' journey to Jerusalem is our journey, and if he set his face to go there and die, we must set our face to die with him.

When Jesus set his face to walk the Calvary road, he was not merely taking our place; he was setting our pattern. He is substitute and pacesetter. If we seek to secure our life through returning evil for evil or surrounding ourselves with luxury in the face of human need, we will lose our life. We can save our life only if we follow Christ on the Calvary road.
(from Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross-John Piper)

Is your face set?

No comments: