Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stray Thoughts


OK...here's a little of my stray thoughts while listening to music and walking today (on the treadmill)...

From Van Morrison:

Hey where did we go,
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow,
Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.


Woohoo, gotta love a brown eyed girl from the holler! You Rock Van!


Fleetwood Mac:

Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life


Uh Oh...nope, I haven't been sailing through the changing ocean tides of my life all that well...I can't even tell what season I'm in....Oh boy...


Kutless:

In the middle of my darkness

In the midst of all my fear
You're my refuge and my hope
When the storm of life is raging
And the thunder's all I hear
You speak softly to my soul


Salvation? God's voice in the most thunderous of storms...in darkness and fear...I have refuge and hope...He is my Strong Tower!


delirious:

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty


Woohoo! Grace...there's nothing else like it...He meets me where I am...no matter the season, the storm, the color of my eyes, or being a ragamuffin from a holler...I am alive in him, I am changed by His love.


Praise God!


I pray that each one of you, no matter your past, present, or feared future...know there is a strong tower where you can find shelter and there is a majestic God waiting to meet you there. You will find grace and life.





No comments: