Friday, January 2, 2009

My 2009 Reading Challenge


Last year I did well with the reading of my challenge books, but did not post any reviews. This year part of the challenge will be to actually write the review. For 2009, I am challenging myself to read books I own without buying more, more, more! So, from my shelves come the following titles.

NONFICTION:
Jan. The Botany of Desire--Michael Pollan
Feb. If You Lived Here I'd Know Your Name--Heather Lende
Mar. Writing Down the Bones--Natalie Goldberg
Apr. Future Grace--John Piper
May Truth and Beauty--Ann Patchett
June We Band of Angels--Elizabeth M. Norman
July Change Me into Zeus's Daughter--Barbara Robinette Moss
Aug The Four Loves--C.S. Lewis
Sept Here If You Need Me--Kate Braestrup
Oct. The Sacred Journey--Frederick Buechner
Nov. On Foot to the End of the World--Rene Freund
Dec. Desiring God--John Piper

FICTION:
Jan. Midnight's Children--Salman Rushdie
Feb. Cry the Beloved Country--Alan Paton
Mar. Adam Bede--T.S. Eliot
Apr. Dew Breaker--Edwidge Danticat
May The Wall--John Hersey
June All Aunt Hagar's Children--Edward P. Jones
July Anna Karenina--Leo Tolstoy
Aug. Stones from the River--Ursula Hegi
Sept. The Woman Who Cut Off Her Leg at the Maidstone Club--Julia Slavin
Oct. The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao--Junot Diaz
Nov. March--Geraldine Brooks
Dec. Ellen Foster--Kaye Gibbons

I will also have book club books to read so it should be a literary year. Who has time for TV?

2 comments:

B said...

Oh...good lists! You own Oscar? I may have to borrow....funny....we only have a couple overlaps. Have fun. Looking forward to your reviews. B.

Sparky said...

So many books, so little time. Don't forget about me! Do I need an appointment? Love you