Thursday, November 6, 2008

All Powerful Grace


I just finished my women's Bible study on the life of David. It was so powerful. I've been amazed by grace for some time, but now I am in absolute awe. Grace that I don't deserve, grace that was poured over me even as God laid the foundations of the earth, grace that sustains me.

Even for one as unworthy and sinful as I. Even for one who has made the most vile of choices a person could make. His grace surrounds me. It brings me to my knees.

If I had a theme song it would be this:

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost, but now I'm found

Was blind, but now I see

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear

And grace my fears relieved

How precious did that grace appear

The hour I first believed


My chains are gone

I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me

And like a flood His mercy rains

Unending love, Amazing grace


Thank you God for the gift of your grace, for the power of your grace.
Thank you holding me under your mighty thumb until I was broken and at the end of myself.
It was there I found you waiting with arms spread wide.

No comments: