Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Wrong Place


After being hit with another thought as I did my Bible reading this morning, I wanted to add this to the Crossroads post. The beginning of 2 Samuel Ch. 11 gives us the first great big red flag that David had made a wrong choice.

2 Samuel 11:1 In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, David sent Joab out with the king's men and the whole Israelite army...

Notice that this is the time that kings go off to war...the whole Israelite army was off at war....why wasn't King David with his men? This is something that probably all of you already know, but I didn't know this until the last year or so after hearing it in a sermon. What made David decide to stay home? Did he decide he was a powerful king and it would be ok if he opted out this time? Bottom line.... he was in the wrong place...this wrong place put him in a perfect place to choose other roads of sin.

God placed a few questions on my heart this morning. How many times do I choose the wrong place? What does "the wrong place" look like for me? I pondered this throughout the day and kept coming back to the same answers. The "wrong place" for me is when I am not surrounding myself with other believers. When I am isolating. When I am bitter. If I am in these places I am definitely not walking with God. I am walking down Sondie Lane. I've walked this lane before and I know where it leads. No where I want to go. The above picture is a perfect example of where my road always leads.

What is your "wrong place"? What are the triggers that lead you to choose the wrong road? (yes, with our free will we do choose) Can you recognize crossroads in your life before you make wrong choices? How about after only a few wrong choices? Are you so far down the wrong road that you are in a pit?

It is a long walk home...I know, but neither do I want to stay in a pit of despair, sinning at every turn.

Looking for the right places with God's guidance.

No comments: