Saturday, October 25, 2008


This is what my brain feels like when I even try to consider a little redecorating. Tears pop in my eyes as I grip my head in agony. Of course in my case and can't even say REdecorating. I'm going to attempt to do it the first time around in our "new" house. Yep, we've lived here a year and a half and I still haven't painted the upstairs bathroom. My 1st confession of the day....although most of you know this.

Let me just say that I am the type of gal who has zero, yes ZERO, decorating ability. My home cries out when other women enter the threshold, "Help me please!" And other women hear the cries from my walls. One friend showed up this spring with about 20 different throw pillows and color swatches so I could make some decisions for my living room. (The same friend who helped me pick colors and paint my last house- a great friend).

Another friend convinced me to buy a nice basket of greenery at a yard sale last summer. I saw her eyeing it over and tried to imagine where she was going to put it. Then she says, "Hey Sondie, isn't this nice? It's only $1.50." I replied in my most confident decorating consultant voice, "Yeah, where ya gonna put put it?" I don't recall her exact reply but it was something along the lines of "Your bare, naked house is pleading with all who enter and it needs this." She swears that isn't what she said. I laugh every time I look at my basket of greenery.

Anyway...I'm going to do this. Today. Go ahead, ask me about it tomorrow. I'll say..."Done!"

At this point I know my friends are wondering how I managed to pick colors, themes...or they are just wagging their heads as they envision the next great bail out, but-you-need-not-fear.

My 2nd confession.

I had my 8 year old choose it all. I am so sly.


1 comment:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Sondie, thanks for commenting at 2nd Cup. So glad to "meet" you here. Love your header. And you are not the only one with a confidence crisis in home decorating. Even the TV shows make me nervous.