Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Mood


Ok, so I didn't put quite this many miles on my body today, but it sure feels like it. I am definitely now at 0 mph and boy am I glad. I hope I can work up the gumption to get out of this chair and go upstairs to bed. What a first day back to the real world!

The first clue that it was going to be a challenge to go from beach time to real world time was when the alarm went off at 5:15 and I sat up and said, "What in the world is that noise? Marty, what is that?! What? Well turn it off!"

Once my feet hit the floor I was on the ground running. I actually went for a walk to start my day. This was huge for a girl who only drinks coffee and reads for at least 45 minutes before even attempting a shower...really huge for my first day back to reality. I went out and came back in a few times before finally just making myself go. It took a lot of prayer. It felt really good once I was done, even if it was only 0.5 mile.

In the 30 minutes between work and Erin's first gymnastics class I managed to slip in Hallmark, Pier One, Hair Cuttery (but it has a new name), Sally Beauty Supply, and Rite Aid. This may be a record for me. I was a woman on a mission with limited time to complete it.

Thankfully I had a yummy, yummy roast waiting in the crock pot for when we finally made it home...glad you came on by and ate Ken, sorry we missed seeing you but happy you enjoyed the food! You can come by and eat anytime you are in town....maybe we'll be home next time.

Now I am finally sitting in my new happy chair (thank you Sandra, I'm thinking of it as a fabulous birthday present!), red wine in hand with Nelly playing. Whew, life is good.

1 comment:

Ken Cross said...

Just for accountability - I walked on the treadmill for 2 miles this morning. Thank you for the food - it was great, but they are putting in new carpet and there was not beds to stay in so I rushed home to find out how Rebekah's first day at public school went!