Sunday, July 20, 2008

Self Help Sunday


This is a picture taken in Manhattan, NY. I cracked up when I saw it. The lady who took it and posted it on her blog lives in NY and has a self help blog. I enjoyed reading it...hmm what does that say about me?


Is there such a thing as self help? I have pondered this and realize that for me the only real help comes from God. I am helpless to "fix" myself. In church this morning the pastor spoke of a supernatural help in tough situations, the help and healing and forgiveness that can only come from God.


Yes, I can do healthy things...pray,walk, read my Bible, eat well, attend church, seek wise counsel, seek good support, quiet time,laugh daily...to keep my mind and body healthy, but only God can heal a broken spirit. Only God can keep us tender through the hurts.


So, self help yourself...seek God.

No comments: